Friday, June 26, 2009

People in Dark Times
"Even in the darkest of times we have the right to
expect some illumination, and that such
illumination may well come less from
theories and concepts than from the
uncertain, flickering, and often weak
light that some men and women, in their
lives and their works, will kindle
under almost all circumstances and shed
over the time span that was given them
on earth."
--Hannah Arendt (From: Men in Dark Times)

I say to you: one must still have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star. I say to you: you still have chaos in you.

--Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra, Prologue 5

I do not consider myself Foucauldian at all, but this quotation rocks:
"Your question is: why am I so interested in politics? But if I were to answer you very simply, I would say this: Why shouldn't I be interested? What blindness, what deafness, what density of ideology would have to weigh me down to prevent me from being interested in what is probably the most crucial subject to our existence..." -Michel Foucault

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive